Sat, Apr 24|
Anatomy of a Vespa (1)
Included in Vespa Club Annual Membership Dues Instructor, Robert D’Alessandro, has been restoring and maintaining Vespas for years. We will spend an afternoon going over the basics of what Vespa maintenance is all about. Bring your manuals!
Time & Location
Apr 24, 2021, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Queens, Astoria Park S, Queens, NY 11102, USA
About the Event
The fact that you own a Vespa e in NYC and work on it indoors puts you in the enthusiast category.
Few were born knowing how to work on machines and that’s where this seminar comes in. The objective is to spend an afternoon going over the basics of what Vespa maintenance is all about. We’ll ask for a few volunteer bikes (hint: if you sign up early, we’ll probably use yours).
- What the symbols on the dash mean
- Tire inspection and tire pressure
- How to jump or recharge a battery.
- Chain and sprocket inspection, lube, and adjustment.
- Oil and filter changes.
- Brake/clutch fluid inspection and bleed.
- Checking/torquing fasteners.
- Air filter inspection and replacement
- Safety check of suspension
- How to pick up a bike without hurting yourself.
No tools or experience are required. All we request is that if your bike is being used, please have a shop manual (electronic or paper) for us to check specs. If we are checking the charging system, the battery must be fully charged.
Anatomy of a Vespa Class$0.00